This AWE-INSPIRING 77 km long 5-day, 5-night GUIDED SLACKPACK HIKE right across the Cape Peninsula mountain chain, from Cape Point right up to the Cable Car at the very top of Table Mountain, is indeed one for the bucket list.
Santie has teamed up with well-known KYKNET hiking TV personality Erns Grundling to bring you this unique guided overnight hiking experience which incorporates not only the Cape Peninsula's breathtaking mountain-ocean scenery, exquisite 'fynbos' vegetation, but also a day of experiencing the Cape's Eastern Seaboard beach and tidal pool culture. Overnight bed-and-breakfast hotel accommodation along the route has been hand-selected to provide hikers the best rest after a hard day of hiking.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
● 4 nights shared accommodation in bed & breakfast hotels (private rooms with two single beds and en suite bathroom per room - all accommodation is along the route)
● 1 night shared accommodation in Smitswinkel Tented Camp (two single beds per tented chalet, with en suite bathroom, communal kitchen and braai lapa)
● Welcoming dinner and compulsory briefing on Day 0
● Breakfast, lunch packs (except Day 3) and dinners
● Luggage transfers on all 5 hiking days (1 bag pp, <15 kg)
● Hike preparation tips and complete pack list
● Detailed day-to-day itinerary
● Experienced, registered mountain hiking guide
● Entrance fees and hiking permits where necessary
● Cable Car tickets
THE PRICE EXCLUDES:
● All drinks etc. not set out in the itinerary
● Lunch on Day 3
● Airport transfers
● Transfers to start and end point
● Personal travel, medical and baggage insurance (compulsory)
● Personal expenses e.g. laundry, tips etc.
● Single room upgrades - not available for this hike
HOW DOES IT WORK:
There are only limited shared spaces available for the 2024 hikes which Santie will personally be guiding. On 4 of the days the hike will be along mountainous footpaths and some boulder-strewn shoreline, the group sticking together to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable hike. On day 3 the hike goes along beaches, promenades and sidewalks lined with coffee shops, taking it a bit more easy, each at their own pace. In the evenings the group join for chats and dinner at the hotel or a nearby restaurant.
For bookings and more information contact Santie and Erns at email@example.com